I wanted to give a big thanks Kristen, from 6th street design school for featuring one of our great chairs from Clementine + Olive on your blog. Check her blog out she has inspiring ideas and the greatest design eyes!
Thursday, June 30, 2011
Were going to kick off this new segment " Out & About Seattle "with a chic decor shop called Veritables! On the right side of the browser you will be able to search the archives of these posts as I collect them and get out in the Seattle/Tacoma area. There are so many great gems in this area people need to know about and I'm here to tell you about them. So stay tuned... :)
I had come across this decor shop mentioned in an old issue of the sensational discontinued Domino magazine! Located in the heart of Madison Valley (the most sensational neighborhood for house ideas or drivebyes) it's a long and narrow shop filled with pretty staple decor like these amazing Foo Dogs below, which btw I want to pick up! Stunning and at such a great price. I was most pleasantly surprised that they are displaying one of my new favorite artist work. Over all though, I wasn't totally blown away by this place but of all shops in Seattle I would recommend it to find those stylish unique nicknacks to create a well balanced home.
Monday, June 27, 2011
- First off most of the things on this night stand were less then $15 and under, and from goodwill. I love "throw alls" and I love ceramics!
- I've had my bedding custom made my Lisa Duke, and (amazing) upholster lady. I still have one more euro sham to make. I wanted bedding that looked more "custom" and the end result ended up being a hundred dollars or so less then if I were to buy the gate pillows from dwell studio and duvet set. I really liked the set they sell in the peacock fabric but it wasn''t quiet the colors I needed to make the room I dreamed of.
- To keep things more classic I went with a bed scarf. (short story! I knew what I wanted but had no idea what it was called a BED SCARF and googled it for like and hour when I was looking for the correct name) and SCORE I found bed scarf material on house of fabric's site for an over stock of $13.50 yrd.!? Seriously I feel like I run across the best deals sometimes. :)
- See the Celerie Kemble accent pillow, it ties in with the the yellow flowers on the plumes fabric by dwell studio.
- I got two gold frames from Goodwill and made art from the scraps of my Windsor Smith fabric, from my bathroom roman shade fabric. It was one of those silly ideas that over come you like 1:00 in the morning.
- So here is the big picture SO FAR. I am yet to find a fitted sheet for my box mattress and later on this week I'm going to share my story about that killer find, the chair at the end of the bed. Poor Kevin, he's moved this bed in like two different variations for the right room fit. Thanks for being a good sport!
I'm still thinking about drapes... or roman shades? Do you guys have any feed back of what would look best? Also I picked up the rectangular lampshades at target and not sure if it's the right fit. I'm going to line them with ribbon but, my instinct was to cover them with more fabric... thoughts?
On the opposing wall is a stunning faux bamboo dresser I'm painting white with the greatest mirror. Can't wait to show it off! It's delicious! <-? ok, I'm watching too much million dollar decorators :p
Sunday, June 26, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
Ebay Gold faux bamboo side table for $140
This faux bamboo bed was from my shop and is sold but, there are plenty on Ebay with easy shipping! Paint it a high gloss black. If there is a cut out for cane like on this one; remove cane and put padded linen.
Buy ikea striped pot and fill in lines with black and white paint or sharpie to create stripes and fill with purple flowers
Wednesday, June 22, 2011
My front Porch is a mix of things in my house that I realized I can't return and, didn't want in-my-house. They ended up colliding together pretty nicely.
- The rug and "kelly wearstler" pillows are from target
- the wicker chairs are from worlds market
- and the foot stool is from good will which you can find it's make-over here.
Monday, June 20, 2011
Saturday, June 18, 2011
We threw a party and the shin-dig ended up being quiet some fun. Well, we of coarse started off with a bang haha, not. Although the details of the party were finished it ended up being one of those events where literally you first friend comes, every thing's ready-except you, who's still in your lululemon work out clothes, no make up...
One moment please! *shower/make-up* poof! I'm the ferry freaking god mother.
Welcome to your party. my friend said. :)
but, it still turned out grand. We had various cakes, salmon, fruit salad and my new favorite Nantucket Punch.
We started off sitting enjoying the back yard, sipping out of our mason jars. Enjoying this rare thing called the sun. Us North Westerners don't often do this!
Headed inside for dinner, a raffle by yours truly and a full night of tear jerking laughter and conversation. Bliss to a twin mama...